Interested in joining our team?
Why Work With Us?
Lincoln Hills TeamWorks isn’t a one-off summer experience, but instead offers youth an opportunity for a deeper connection with community and the natural world. TeamWorks is a conservation-based youth employment program that brings together a mix of young people (ages 16-20) from urban and rural areas to work side by side on crews. Each crew is comprised of 2 adult crew leaders, 2 jr crew leaders, and 8 crew members. One of the most unique aspects of working with TeamWorks is our urban/rural model, with half of each crew hailing from a rural mountain town, and the other half coming from the Denver Metro Area. We make this work by having each rural crew meet in the morning at a specific location in either Nederland, Boulder, Idaho Springs, Bailey or Conifer. The urban halves of the crew will meet in the Denver locations of Aurora Central High School or Central Park Station. After gathering at their respective locations in the morning, each half of the crew will drive in a work vehicle to the project site, where they will work as a full team for the day! TeamWorks fosters a work environment that is equally fun and supportive, and many of our youth return to work for the program year after year, building solid relationships with one another, their crew leaders, our organization, and the lands they work on.
Crews work 10 hours a day, Mon-Thurs, on an assortment of conservation projects including trail building and maintenance, fire mitigation, watershed restoration, and noxious weed removal, and all participants and leaders return home each night. In addition, each crew will participate in a 4 day, 3 night campout once during the season, providing an opportunity to strengthen the bonds of the crew and providing many participants an opportunity for healthy risk taking. Crew leaders will have three day weekends to explore the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado, which are easily accessible from everywhere we work!
- At least 21 years old
- At least 1 year previous leadership experience with youth
- Must attend a 10 day Crew Leader training
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or a previous experience working with teens
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working or recreating in the outdoors
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger van in both urban and rural environments
- Commitment to work the entire season, May 10 – August 12 ,2021
- Risk management and decision making proficiency
- Effective and inclusive leadership skills
- High capacity for communication and feedback
Crew Leader Responsibilities
- Partner with local land management agencies and non-profits to lead crew in completing projects such as: fire mitigation, trail building and maintenance, watershed restoration, noxious weed removal and light construction.
- Collaborate with a co-leader to train, mentor, and work alongside a crew of 10 crew members, supporting individual needs and maintaining group morale.
- Communicate effectively with crew, project partners and administrative staff
- Maintain crew safety and manage risk at the work site.
- Complete accurate and detailed paperwork
- Facilitate a safe and comfortable work environment, where youth can learn and grow.
- Provide timely feedback and guidance to encourage personal growth among crew members
- Ensure that youth are learning about and demonstrating the TeamWorks Core Tenets throughout the season
- Create positive and professional working relationships with partners, and ensure projects are completed to meet expectations.
- Know and uphold TEENS, Inc. policies in the field.
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Pay ranging from $17 – $20/hour, DOE
- Access to a variety of Prodeals
- Three day weekends!
- The opportunity to work with a diverse group of local youth
- Paid professional and technical skills training
- Being a part of a supportive and fun community
- Workmans comp coverage
Crew Leaders will meet their crew at one of the following pickup locations during the season, and are expected to live within 30 minutes of their assigned location.
- Denver Crew Meeting Location – Central Park Station
- Idaho Springs Crew Meeting Location – Clear Creek High School
- Denver Crew Meeting Location – Aurora Central High School
- Nederland Crew Meeting Location – TEENS, Inc
- Boulder Crew Meeting Location – Boulder Library
- Conifer Crew Meeting Location – Conifer High School
- Bailey Crew Meeting Location – Platte Canyon High School